Friday, February 26, 2010

Bunny on Deck

There is a bunny that comes every morning to the deck area just outside the kitchen window where the bird feeders sit along the rail. Just as it’s starting to get light out, he peeks up over the edge of the deck, looking left and right to make sure the coast is clear and in profile looks just like a big chocolate Easter bunny out there (that’s not why I like him so much). As it gets lighter, he comes onto the deck scrounging for seeds that have dropped from the feeders, and I can see the beautiful colours of rust and grey in his fur.

I love this bunny and whenever I see him I wish I could scoop him up and squeeze him and carry him around all day like Paris Hilton’s purse dog. He is that cute. I would be careful though, not like Lennie in “Of Mice and Men”...I think something bad happened to the bunny in that story. If anyone has seen “Watership Down” or read the book, they have been traumatized for life like myself and I can give you the number of my therapist. My mother took me to see the movie when I was about ten and I tell you I have never forgotten it..or what parts I remember seeing from between my fingers which were gripped tightly over my face. Thanks mom, love ya!

I am going to quickly check my reference above online, however, we have had quite alot of snow this morning and I’ll need to execute emergency internet snow removal procedures first: 1) open bedroom window, remove screen making sure drifts of snow stuck to screen fall outward and not onto bare feet inside bedroom 2) lean way out with kitchen broom and brush snow from satellite dish without dropping two stories to unglamorous death, blog yet unfinished and reference unchecked. 3) Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Internet is back up and running...yahoo....and now thanks to marvellous modern convenience (kitchen broom), I can publish my blog then fix little bunny a nice salad for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment